I EDIT because I love seeing ideas evolve. I have been lucky to collaborate with authors who write for equality, social justice, and global respect.
Books—Copyediting or Proofreading
- Blumenthal, Seth. Children of the Silent Majority: Young Voters and the Rise of the Republican Party, 1968–1980. Lawrence: University Press of Kansas, forthcoming in 2018.
- Demuth, Cere. The Way We Stay: A Memoir of Recovery. Self-published, 2018.
- McCarthy, David S. Selling the CIA: Public Relations and the Culture of Secrecy. Lawrence: University Press of Kansas, 2018.
- Sun, Sahara. Heart Broke Open: A Healing Journey through the Heart of Lyme Disease. Seattle: Shen Press, 2016.
- Winner of a 2017 Silver Nautilus Award.
- Cope, Robert. “Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of the Unknown: Stories of the Earliest Americans in Australia.” Unpublished manuscript, last modified July 14, 2017. Microsoft Word file.
- Forlenza, Elizabeth. “House-Hunting with My Samba-Mad Husband.” Unpublished manuscript, last modified May 24, 2018. Microsoft Word file.
- Honey, Michael. To the Promised Land: Martin Luther King and the Fight for Economic Justice. New York: W.W. Norton, 2018.
Articles in journals or chapters in books
- Becerra-Lubies, Rukmini, and Aliza Fones. “The Needs of Educators in Intercultural and Bilingual Preschools in Chile: A Case Study.” International Journal of Multicultural Education 18, no. 2 (2016): 58–84.
- Bell, Kati. “International Partnerships for Social Justice.” In International Higher Education Teaching and Learning Association 8: University Partnerships for International Development, 19–36. Boston: Emerald Group, 2016.
- Nerad, Maresi. “Professional Development for Doctoral Students: What Is It? Why Now? How Is It Done?” Nagoya Journal of Higher Education 15 (2015): 285–318.
- ———. “Searching for Taboos in Doctoral Education: An Exploratory Journey.” Die Hochschule [German journal for science and education] 24 (February 2015).
Unpublished papers (conferences, lectures, diss., etc.)
- Becerra-Lubies, Rukmini. “Negotiating a Hybrid Space in the Context of School-Community Partnerships: How Teachers and Community Members Become Intercultural and Bilingual Educators.” PhD diss., University of Washington, 2016.
- Chiappa, Roxana. “The Myth of Merit: A Mixed-Method Study on the Effect of Social Class of Origin on Career Paths of PhD Holders in Chile.” Paper presented as webinar for the Center for Innovation and Research in Graduate Education at the University of Washington, Seattle, WA, September 2016.
- ———. “Increasing Scientific Capacities in the South: An Analysis of the Expansion of PhD Fellowships In Chile from an Equity Perspective.” Paper presented at the Annual Conference of the Comparative International Education Society, Vancouver, BC, March 2016.
- Chiappa, Roxana, and Dong Dongsheng. “Does High School Matter When Applying to Doctoral Programs Overseas? A Quantitative Analysis of Chilean Doctoral Applicants.” Paper presented at the pre-conference of the Annual Conference of the Association for the Study of Higher Education, Columbus, OH, November 2016.
- Chiappa, Roxana, and Paulina Perez Mejias. “Who Benefits from Increased Scientific Capacity in Chile? An Analysis of the Role of University Rankings in the Implementation of the International Postgraduate Fellowship Program.” Paper presented at the Annual Meeting of the American Educational Research Association, San Antonio, TX, April 2017.
- Nerad, Maresi. “The American-Type of Central Graduate Division: Would It Be a Good Model for Japan?” Presented as part of the International Compatibility Improvement in Education lecture series at University of Tskuba, Japan. July 2014.
Master of Arts, English Literature 2009
- Thesis: “Capturing Life on the Right Side”:
Virginia Woolf’s Quest to Construct the Modern Novel
State University of New York at Buffalo
Bachelor of Arts, English Literature, Minor in Latin 2007
- Awarded the Scribbler’s Prize for the best piece of creative writing
by an undergraduate woman for my poetry
State University of New York at Buffalo
GPA: 3.90/4.00, summa cum laude